Part of the series Primary Maths - Practice & Homework Books.
View all products in this series
Primary Maths breathes life into the Australian Curriculum by providing a series of mathematics activities that encourage students to think about situations and problems, talk to others about their ideas and develop their own strategies as confident learners. Primary Maths is based on the philosophy that students learn mathematical skills and concepts in everyday life as they interact with their environment and the people around them.
Primary Maths Practice & Homework Books
Primary Maths Practice & Homework Book contains 36 double-page units of work that complement the Primary Maths Student Activity Book. It can be used for homework or to provide extra practice in the classroom. There are four sections for each unit, including real-world problems, quick mental questions, revision of prior learning and practice of new concepts. It follows the scope and continuum set out in the Primary Maths Teacher Resource Book.
- Each book contains 36 composite double-page units of work and complements the Primary Maths Student Activity Book.
- Each unit contains four sections that assist teachers to plan homework activities. The four sections in each unit are:
- Weekly Workout: an extended open-ended task for the week, takes students' learning into the real world, broadening and deepening their knowledge, skills and understandings through open-ended problems and investigations.
- Quick Questions: cover Number, as well as some Measurement, Statistics, Probability and Geometry exercises in mental computation, improving students' mental arithmetic skills.
- Recall it: a review of prior content covered in the substrand which helps with the revision of key concepts.
- Focus on it: these activities focus on the practice of students' current knowledge, skills and understandings being developed in the substrand.
- Removable answer section facilitates correction by the student, parent or in class.
Also Available in the 'Primary Maths' Series
Primary Maths - Student Activity Books
The Primary Maths Student Activity Book is filled with relevant, graded activities to motivate learners. Full-colour photos and illustrations link teaching and learning activities to everyday contexts and help to bring the maths curriculum alive.
View Student Activity Books
Primary Maths - Teacher Resource Books
The Primary Maths Teacher Resource Book provides a wealth of information and ideas that can be used as a foundation for the year's work or as best suits your needs. The attractive, easy-to-use format is flexible enough to suit all primary classrooms and provides inspiration to help you develop your own activities.
View Teacher Resource Books
Primary Maths breathes life into the Australian Curriculum by providing a series of mathematics activities that encourage students to think about situations and problems, talk to others about their ideas and develop their own strategies as confident learners.
Primary Maths is based on the philosophy that students learn mathematical skills and concepts in everyday life as they interact with their environment and the people around them. The series has been designed with the busy teacher in mind and offers a carefully sequenced program to support teachers in delivering quality maths experiences to students. With a suggested scope and continuum and detailed learning activities, it offers teachers full and continuous support.
- Written by a practising teachers with a fresh perspective and extensive classroom experience, the series provides a practical interpretation of the new content strands, content descriptors, elaborations and achievement standards.
- Respected mathematics consultants have advised on the curriculum coverage and best classroom practice.
- All activities in the teacher resource are classified according to the four proficiency strands of the Australian Curriculum. ? Ready-made comprehensive lesson plans are mapped out term-by-term, week-by-week.
- Real life examples and photographs are used throughout to help engage students and improve numeracy levels
- Plenty of extension exercises, BLM worksheets. and activities are included at each level.
- Links to the Cambridge Maths-in-a-Box program provide rich learning tasks.
- The books for year levels 3 to 6 contain links to the Cambridge HOTmaths interactive learning resource help to animate concepts learnt in class and consolidate learning.
Click here to access the Teacher Resources
The text delivered in print format.
A workbook in print format.
Cambridge HOTmaths offers the best in interactive online maths learning, teaching and assessment resources for Australian students and teachers. The rich-curriculum based content provides a state-of-the-art and comprehensive teaching and learning program is accessed through a HOTmaths account.
Print Teacher Resource
offers valuable teacher support materials in print format. This resource may include some photocopiable materials. It may also include access to additional materials on Cambridge GO using a unique 16-character code printed in the front of the printed book. Refer to specific title details for more information on each Print Teacher Resource.
Purchase: The Print Teacher Resource is available for purchase separately.