Road safety is the safety of people from road side injuries and accidents. It involves various methods and measures which must be followed by the road users to prevent serious injury and accidents.
Essay on Road Safety
Road safety is a most common and important topic and has been added to various fields like education, social awareness, etc in to order to bring more awareness in the public especially new age group people. Students should be well recognized with this topic to fulfill following needs in their schools like making project, debates, attend quiz competition or essay writing competition. We have provided here some paragraph and essay on road safety under various words limit according to the student’s need and requirement. They can select any road safety essay given below:
Road Safety Essay 1 (100 words)
Road safety is a safety measure to reduce the risk of road accidents and road side injury because of the mistakes of people while driving on the road. We cannot count the daily road side accidents and death of people because of the driving mistakes and lack of road traffic rules followers. Every person going on the road has risk of injury or death. Such as pedestrians, motorists, cyclists, passengers, etc.
Everyone needs to be well aware of the road traffic rules especially children and young people who are at significant road accident risks. According to the statistics (World Health Organization, 2008), it is found that most of the hospitalization cases and leading cause of death are because of the road trauma.
Road Safety Essay 2 (150 words)
Road safety is very necessary while being on the road and must know by all because road accidents are the leading cause of death. Everyone should learn the road traffic and safety rules at a very early age to perform safer behaviors in the later life. Following are the road safety rules:
- Everyone going on the road (especially drivers) must be to the left and let other vehicles pass on the opposite direction to pass.
- Drivers should be in slow speed while bending or turning on the roads.
- Take extra precaution while going on the over-crowded roads and road junctions.
- Bikers or people using two wheel vehicles must wear helmets of superior quality otherwise they should never go on the road without helmet.
- Speeds of the vehicles should be within the speed limit and slow especially in the areas of school, hospital, colony, etc.
- Every vehicle on the road should maintain the right distance among them to avoid collisions and accidents.
- Everyone using road should be well aware of the road signs and must follow rules.
- All the road safety rules and regulations must be in mind while traveling.
Road Safety Essay 3 (200 words)
As we all are well aware that road accidents, injury and death has been very common now-a-days. People not following the road traffic rules and road safety measures are the main cause of such accidents on the roads. We always hear in the news or by our friends about the road accidents because of the wrong side driving, lack of road safety rules, measures, high speed, drunk driving, etc. Government has made variety of road traffic and road safety rules for everyone using road for their safety and reducing the number of daily road accidents. We should follow the all the rules and regulations such as practicing defensive driving, using safety measures, maintaining speed limit, understanding road signs, etc.
Road safety risks have been increased because of the driver distraction due to the use of cell-phone or other electronic devices while driving. In such cases, traffic laws and rules helps us a lot to keep away from the road accidents and injury. Road safety measures are the tools can save from the expensive traffic fines, serious offences, removal of driving licenses, etc. Pedestrians also know the rules of walking on the road like proper use of crosswalks, use of zebra crossing, etc.
Road Safety Essay 4 (250 words)
Road safety is the prevention and protection of road accidents by using all the road safety measures. It is to secure people while traveling on the roads. It is to make safe all the road users such as pedestrians, two-wheelers, four-wheelers, multi-wheelers, and other transport vehicle users. Practicing road safety measures is very good and safe to all people all through the life. Everyone should respect others while driving or walking on the road and take care of their safety.
People safety on the road is one of the most important aspects in order to avoid road side accidents, injury, and death. We can judge the importance of road safety on the basis of national statistical data about total reported accidents and death. Almost 42% cases involve pedestrians and one way road users.
There are various methods of creating awareness among common public such as seminars, workshops, students education by adding basic road-safety lessons to syllabus, make people aware about green cross code means stop, look, listen, think and then cross, learning of traffic lights, understanding of road signs, etc. Following all the road safety measures help a lot to protect all the road problems. Some effective measures of road safety are like basic awareness about vehicle, defensive driving according to weather and road conditions, use of vehicle lights and horn, wearing seat belt, well use of vehicle mirrors, avoid over-speeding, understanding road lights, maintaining distance of vehicle on road, proper understanding of handling crisis situation, telecast of awareness documentaries on TV, etc.
Road Safety Essay 5 (300 words)
Road accidents have become very common due to the vehicle collisions and ignorance of proper road safety measures. The number of death is increasing due to the motor vehicle collisions by the people ignoring road safety rules. All the roads have been busier for full day where vehicle are running in their high-speed. People in the modern world are being used to of their personal transportation so there is more traffic on the roads than ever before. In such condition, it needs people to follow traffic rules and road safety rules to practice safe driving in careful manner. So that the road accidents can be reduced.
Each and every people must do defensive driving courses (under the guidance of authorized instructor by any recognized driving school) before start driving on the roads. It is very important for road safety purposes. Everyone must know the trick to handle serious situations related to vehicles (how to operate vehicles) or themselves on the roads to save various accidents and lives. Road safety measures should be added in the school as an important subject so that students can get detail knowledge in their early age before driving. Most of the road accidents cases happened because of improper knowledge about operating vehicles and lack of proper road safety measures.
It is now becoming very unsafe to drive on the road day by day. Sometimes people use their personal vehicles for long time without regular maintenance and servicing, so it is very necessary to ensure vehicle’s proper working condition with timely service. It not only increases the life of vehicles; reduces the number of accidents too. Driver should check the brake system properly and well aware of the warning signs of failing brakes. There should always be first aid box, emergency tools, sufficient gasoline, and proper functioning vehicle before going to the trip.
Road Safety Essay 6 (600 words)
Road safety is must to be paid proper attention by each and every person on the earth, whether using vehicles or not. Children and students are the most vulnerable group towards the road accidents, minor or major injuries and even death because of the lack of adult supervision. There should not be late in making children well aware about the road safety rules and measures in their early ages. It should be the duty of parents and teachers to teach them properly under their nice supervision.
Need of Road Safety Knowledge for Children
According to the statistics, it is found that there are most of the road accidents cases in which children are involved, so they are at high risk than other age group people. They need road safety knowledge and education from their early ages. It should be started from their home and schools by adding this subject to their syllabus. Some points are mentioned below proving the fact that why road safety is so important for kids and children:
- Children are children, no one can be sure about what they will do next at home or other crowded place especially road during traffic situation.
- Children become completely innocent, they cannot judge the vehicles speed moving on the road.
- Drivers also cannot recognize their mood to move on the road especially when they try to cross the road in front of the vehicle because of their small height.
- They cannot judge how often vehicles can come on the empty road.
- They can cross road from anywhere on the road because they have no idea about proper place to cross the road.
- They become fearful soon and do not understand what they should do when they see vehicles coming to their direction.
Road Safety Rules for Children
Following are some essential road safety rules play great role in protecting children from road accidents by making them responsible pedestrian on the road:
- Parents should teach their children to be extra attentive and look everywhere (left and right) before crossing the road street.
- Children should always cross the roads by holding hands of their elders or friends.
- They should never run on the roads, should not be in hurry or leaving parents hand and be calm.
- They need to be more cautious on the road without getting distracted by anything.
- They should be practiced by their parents to follow sidewalks only or always use left side on the roads where sidewalks are unavailable.
- They should be taught to only cross the roads at crossroads after seeing traffic signals for pedestrians.
- They must be aware of the meaning of colors (red means stop, green means go and yellow means also stop), traffic light basics and importance of traffic signs on the roads.
- They should use rear side of the passenger seat while getting out of a car or bus.
- Children should be taught to not to play on the roads or other places out of playing zone.
- They should wear helmet and use all the measures while riding bicycle on the roads by ensuring proper functioning of brakes, horns and steering.
- They should not use earphone or other music listening instruments while riding bicycle on the road.
- Parents may teach their children in better way by wearing seat-belts while driving a car or helmet while driving a bike anytime. Parents should follow all the road safety rules and road traffic rules while driving vehicle to establish good examples in front of their children as they are first example in the lives of their kids.
Road safety is very important for people of all age group to be safe and secure as well as reduce the number of road accidents and injury cases. So, everyone should strictly follow all the rules, regulations and signs of road traffic lights. Children should be well practiced from the end of their parents at home and get proper study by the teacher in the school.
Slogans on Road Safety
National Safety Day
Road Safety Week
Slogans on Safety
The statistics of road accidents in India is devilishly alarming. Nearly 1,214 road crashes occur daily, and amidst this, there are sixteen children, who are never able to return to their mothers every day. Most of these casualties involve children aging between 5 to 14 years.
Road safety as such is a crucial issue, and it is the duty of parents to enlighten their children about how they must adhere to traffic rules and signs while walking on the road.
Road Safety in India
Road Safety Day/Week
In major metro cities of India, every year, an entire week is dedicated to the careful observation of road safety measures. Transport departments of different states give slogans, put up posters and distribute leaflets in schools and colleges to create awareness regarding road safety throughout the week.
Why is Road Safety Important
To Prevent Accidents
Many of us have a habit of running across roads, disregarding traffic signals that often results in pathetic accidents. By knowing and practicing pedestrian rules, we can at least make sure of remaining unhurt.
To Make our Children Responsible
When young, children generally imbibe everything that they see. Consequently, if they are taught how they should behave or walk on the road at an early age, they develop a positive behavior and attitude that helps them to avoid accidents in the long run. After all, they are the future of the world.
Tips on Safety Rules and Regulations on the Roads of India
Measures for When Walking on the Road
Road Safety Rules for Pedestrians
Learn the Traffic Signals
We should know that red signal means “stop,” green goes for, “go,” and yellow symbolizes “slow down” for, by following these signals appropriately, we can ward off dangerous mishaps on road.
Stop, Look and Cross
In case there are no signals or pedestrian crossings, it is imperative that we should look to their right, then left to check if any vehicle is coming, wait and eventually cross a road. We also must never cross during traffic jams.
Listen Carefully and Don’t Rush
Many times, children leave their parent’s hands to run to the other side of a road and thus invite unprecedented disasters. Even adults commit the same mistake. We should never do so, and learn how to respond to horns and other engine sounds so as to become aware of an approaching vehicle.
Always Use Zebra Crossings and Sidewalks
We must know the significance of zebra crossings and should make a habit of using them while crossing a road. Also, we should employ sidewalks for walking.
Never Play on Roads
Children should abstain from playing on roads or pavements for, in running behind their toy or ball, they may become unfortunate victims of severe calamities.
Measures for When Driving or Travelling in a Vehicle
Be Cautious While Driving
Not only walking but while driving too, we must rigidly follow certain rules like wearing seat belts, maintaining a safe distance from another vehicle and not over-speeding, so as to ensure that no accidents occur on road.
Indian Road Safety Signs Image
Be Aware of Traffic Signs and Symbols
There are three types of road safety signs – mandatory, cautionary and informatory that enlightens us about the condition of a road ahead and instructs us what we need to do at relevant junctions and crossroads. By being conscious of these signs, we can affirm of not running into problems.
Refrain From Sticking Hands Outside Vehicles
While going in a school bus, children must never hang their hands or heads outside windows, for they can get hit by vehicles coming from the opposite side.
A death constitutes the greatest irreparable loss and generates a void that can never fill up. And when it happens due to a moment of carelessness on the street, there is no consoling the grief. Hence, conscious efforts should be taken by everyone so that each one of us, after going out, can return safely.
- important points of road safety rules
- importance of traffic rules in points
- road safty rule essay
- importance of safety in our life essay
- importance of safety rules essay
- importance of road safety week explain
- importance of trafic rules
- Eassy on rules on road safty
- road rules and its importance
- road safety important points